Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Owners of the AL West


 Portland Ducks
1). Who is meece? Dan Hubacher

2). What are your interests and hobbies? Watch sports, I golf about 100 rounds a year 19 handicap with a terrible short game. Very active in horse racing is one of my favorite things to watch and dream is one day to own horses.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1? Buffalo Sabres #1 followed by the Buffalo Bills and Cincy Reds( I lived in Northen Kentucky for 6 years).

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? Lenny Fassero The only regret I have is that I'll never have won him a ring.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? Baseball with speed and glove 100% with 0% power very low arm strength

6). Best piece of advice for HBD? Pitching Pitching Pitching

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings? Overated has to be eye under-rated I'd go with makeup everyone sees omg this guy is a 90 in 4 areas but has a 20 makeup and will never reach it but in their mind hes a 90.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game? Favorite is the draft I'll spend hours making the exact rankings of players I want. Least favorite and its not even close is the coaching hire. Boring as you can get. I wish they would make it more useful I've always wanted a scouting service type hiring. For instance, I could hire a guy who is very good at finding pitching but not at hitters maybe a guy is good at finding talent in south america some in latin america and so on.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most? in this league? z0601 over at trenton and mexd781 at detroit have had several hours of trade talk in the first 3 days of the league. Hopkins with Charolette is great as welll haven't come across anyone I don't get along with. In other leagues I have people I honestly can't stand.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you?
Nothing that would surpise you, I'm a salesmen for team licensed product so thats why I'm on all day. And that's my shameless plug.


Seattle Huskies
1). Who is jeanpaul22?

2). What are your interests and hobbies? WIS, Dungeons and Dragons, watching hockey and baseball on TV or at the stadium. I also love reading a good book.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1? Montral Canadians(hockey) and Baltimore Orioles.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? Many.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? Baseball, pitcher.

7). The most over-rated (overall) and under-rated ratings(health)

8). Favorite(draft) and least favorite(coach) part of the game?


Oakland Golden Bears
1). Who is Mr. Stickball (AKA: 'Stick')?

2). What are your interests and hobbies?
Music, Geology, hiking, kayaking, and, er ... baseball!

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1?
Used to be the Miami Dolphins as I played and really loved football as a kid and into my 20's., However, I finally tired of salary cap/free agency-driven mercenary players and coaches. I call it "The revolving door syndrome". The sport has lost most of it's luster since it now lacks it's former level of consistency and team-building.

About 20 years ago, coincidentally, I started listening to baseball on the radio, and about 5 to 10 years later, MLB surpassed NFL as my favorite. I am a hardcore S.F. Giants fan now, and barely even pay attention to football.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player?

Jose Johnson

In Stickball League, I have a player who hit a ridiculous number of HR's for my Colorado team. He's still on my AAA roster, despite having an overall rating in the low 40's. I can't bear to let him go. I might even call him up when rosters expand. (Sick, isn't it?).

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating?

I played quaterback, and, at age 44, still can throw pretty well, although I max out at about 55 to 60 yards these days, and I am pretty sore the next day. I've always been blessed with a strong arm, but I noticed it takes me a lot longer to warm up than it used to! In H.S., I once threw a pass 100 yards (with a strong wind at my back). Not exaggerating. My accuracy was and is still, believe it or not, pretty good, and I have a quick release and can read defenses pretty well. However, despite being able to move around in the pocket pretty well, I am a real lug when it comes to scrambling downfield. Terrible at it really. I'm kind of a Dan Fouts/ Dan Marino type of passer ... good arm, heady kind of QB, with absolutely NO legs! I would love to be able to play football again, it's just way too hard on your knees as you age.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD?

http://hbd-stickball.blogspot.com/p/mrstickballs-advice-for-hbd-newbies.html
(Or, just Google 'Stickball's advice for hbd newbies').

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings/

Is it just me, or is Contact way over-rated? I keep signing guys as if Contact matters, but I swear it doesn't seem to really matter much.

On the flip side, I feel like many owners don't give Groundball/Flyball enough credence ... that and Pitch #2 should be above at least 66. I see it all the time that pitchers with otherwise good ratings get used all the time and never have good ERA's. A flyball pitcher with no movement on his pitches is a bad thing.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game?

Beginning of the season is so action-packed ... it's almost TOO much. Playoffs are a real drag if you aren't in them ... especially knowing that there is also a rollover period to wait out.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most?

I have made a ton of HBD friends over the years. Tough to nail down just a few. In this league, I am particularly fond of McBain. A true gentleman and a helluva competitor.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you?

I just re-read the above, and I hope I'm not as egotistical as I seem in these answers. ;0)))

Good luck to everybody, I hope we all stick with our franchises for many seasons, it would be great to be in another league with consistency. I have an ongoing waiting list for MY league, Stickball League, if you are interested in another league with dedicated owners. We do, occasionally, have openings, despite having a core group that is awesome. I'd be happy to keep you in mind on a first come, first serve basis. Just Sitemail me if interested in getting on the list.

Play ball!!!


Salem Beavers
1). Who is gmurphy10? Greg Murphy

2). What are your interests and hobbies?  I'm an avid bowler. I also like collecting all types of sports cards.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1?  Pro.......MLB-Atlanta Braves. NFL-Carolina Panthers NBA-Atlanta Hawks NHL-Colorado Avalanche

4). Who is your favorite WIS player?  If you mean a player in the game I have 3...I renamed an OL on my Indiana State team I renamed for my wife. (Angie Goat) I renamed a LB on my Ouachita Baptist team for my daughter. (Dess Murphy) And finally, as really the best player I have had.....Lewis Frederick, RB TSU. In the new age of no rushing he ran for 4036 yds in season 74 in Wilkinson.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating?  I would play baseball. I'd be a pitcher in the majors and be at least an All Star.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD?  Take the time to check out what the best owners are doing budget wise. And don't be afraid to try something new. If it works...great. If not....back to the drawing board.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings?  I'm not really sure about this one.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game?  My favorite part is the drafts. Least....hiring coaches!

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most?  There are many. playboy33 helped me when I started and got me into HBD. camden68 is by far the funniest I've met. There's no telling what he may post.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you?  Someone told me that by looking at me that they wouldn't think I could bowl well at all. But I actually hold a 2-3 record against PBA members that have appeared in TV finals.












No comments:

Post a Comment