Friday, March 2, 2012

Owners of the NL West

Los Angeles Bruins
1). Who is mamidu?  Matt

2). What are your interests and hobbies? Sports, Gaming, Technology & Beer

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1? Cincinnati Reds, Bengals, Bearcats, Celtics

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? Edgardo Lee

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? Football, WR, I would say a rating of 50, but a speed rating of 1 since I am a slow white boy. I had good hands though!


6). Best piece of advice for HBD? Low durability kills!

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings? Over-Rated = flyball   Under-Rated =

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game? Fav = Draft  Least = Spring Training

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most? hopkinsheel, cmthieme

10). The thing that may surprise us about you? I'm in IT and not a geek! well, not a complete geek....haha

Colorado Buffaloes
1). Who is cctigerfan?

2). What are your interests and hobbies?  I like watching most sports, especially football. I like to play basketball and softball, as well as watch my kids play their sports.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1?  I like all the Colorado teams. The Broncos are my favorite overall.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player?  Sherm Brown is probably my favorite. He was my first good draft pick, and I won my only world series with him leading the way.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating?
I would be a DB in football.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD?  Find a good league to play in with like minded owners. It makes it alot more fun.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings?  Overated, I would say velocity, although I am playing in Coors in this league and might pay more attention to it there. Underated, I think is Batting Eye. It seems to be able to overcome low ratings in the other hitting catagories.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game?  I like all aspects of the game except for coach hiring. I would like to see coaching become a category like Training and Medical instead of hiring induvidual coaches.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most?  My favorite league is NCAA and I like all the owners there.


10). The thing that may surprise us about you?


Arizona Wildcats

1). Who is trains?  Real name is Kevin, live in AZ. Recently married, and I work far too much.

2). What are your interests and hobbies? - other than HBD? Gym, video games.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1? College- ASU, Baseball - Oakland, Football - SF, Basketball - Phx Suns. Baseball is easily #1, though my team generally makes me suffer.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? - tie between CC Hutton (American Pastime) and Marvin Jenkins (Mays).

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? - I would suck. I was never very good at baseball. I'd probably be minor league filler, retire young and get into coaching.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD? - Be patient.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings - I'm not sure there's an overrated rating, I typically look for rating combinations, not one rating individually. I think there can be a deficiency in one rating that can be overcome with strong ratings elsewhere.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game? The draft is my favorite part, but ranking the players is possibly my least favorite (I'm going to avoid the obvious coach hiring). I often run out of time and frantically put together a list the night before.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most? I enjoy those who reply quickly to trade chats, and those who post entertaining/funny observations. Especially if they are about fake players.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you? I'm pretty boring, so I'm not sure there's much surprising about me!

Anaheim Trojans
1). Who is mcbain10? A guy who cares too much about fake baseball players. Also a Boston guy who loves the Sox and has two young kids, ages 1 and 2. Irish twins as they say.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? A lot to choose from as I have been playing a while, but probably Walker Mays tops the list. He was the #1 overall pick in season 1 of Hornsby and has been with me for his entire career, which is now sadly winding down at age 40. One of the all-time great pitchers I would think.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? I would play baseball, pitcher, with good control but low splits and a high fly ball rating. Lots of dingers off my Frankie Viola circle change (which would be my third pitch rated at about 22).

6). Best piece of advice for HBD? Stick with it, be patient.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings? Over-rated is overall rating for sure, maybe overall defense is an over-rated part of the game too, despite the fact that I value it for some reason. I lose to playoff teams with weak SS and 2B and I wonder why I am throwing out good defenders with weaker bats. Not sure anything is under-rated, I think they all matter, but if a guy has power it seems that can mask a lot of other deficiencies.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game? Favorite is coach hiring! No just kidding. Getting good players that exceed my expectations is my favorite part. Least favorite consists of two things: 1) Spring Training just kills me, way too long. Torture. 2) Int'l FA when you waste $30 mil because of the scarcity of good players that come along. Of course if you get a good int'l, it can be one of the best things about the game. But it is so random that it is frustrating.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most? mr_stickball gave me some props so I'll return the favor to him, I recommended him for this league and he is real solid. lots of respect for hop too for putting this together, great job.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you? I'm at work right now, getting paid to fill this out. Not a bad deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment