Saturday, March 3, 2012

Owners of the NL East

Baltimore Terrapins
1). Who is mcgupp?  mcgupp is a 38 yo father of 3, special ed. teacher and HS football coach.

2). What are your interests and hobbies?  Love traveling, SCUBA diving, music and of course all things sports.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1?  NY Jets, NY Yankees, Notre Dame

4). Who is your favorite WIS player?  Miguel Lira, the Pitcher on my ML team.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating?  Football, Defensive Tackle, solid D3 player, strong but not a great athlete.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD?   Keep track of what's coming through your system so you have a plan for the next 5 seasons.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings?  Wish I knew but I think make up and batting eye are under rated.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game?  Favorite total control of a franchise especially drafting. Least-spring training

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most?  Hard to not respect and like hopkinsheel for commishing 2 awesome worlds.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you?  My second child was in such a hurry I delivered him on the living room floor with 911 on the phone.

Durham Blue Devils
1). Who is (ghutton9)? Glenn Hutton

2). What are your interests and hobbies? More than my wife would like. Softball, bowling, playing ps3, working out, and running to name the most important.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1? Reds, Bengals, UC Bearcats with the Reds just edging out the other 2.

4). Who is your favorite WIS player? Too many to name, but my only MVP winner ever that came in Pine Tar, Rafael Cervantes stands out to me. He had a beast season, then I turned around and traded him in the off season. I don't usually get attached to players obviously.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating? Baseball. and I would be a SP with an overall rating of 95. Beast stamina, and durability, 80's control, splits in the 90's, velocity in the 90's. My first pitch curveball is wicked (really is, I hurt a buddy last year when he wasn't expecting it), my slider is pretty good, and my fastball is decent(probably a 60 rating). My change up is in the 50's.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD? Just have fun with it. If your not having fun then what's the point. Only 1 team can win a championship each season which leaves 31 other teams left out. Too many guys take it way too serious. My favorite part of the game is rebuilding teams which to me is fun.

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings? Over rated is definitely overall. I have a buddy that plays that will still tell me that this guy has an overall in the 80's, why isn't he very good. Well, it's because overall really means very little. Under rated has to be glove. I'm not sure why, but it seems like some really good teams are ruined by having terrible fielders.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game? Favorite part is rebuilding a team and making them relevant. Least favorite is the time between the end of the world series and the start of a new season. Seems like it takes months.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most? There are a lot. I really enjoy playing against almost anyone that is in the world I commish(Pine Tar). A lot of great owners that rarely argue and have always helped when asked.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you? This is funny, but I may be the most unclutch, if that's even a word, person ever. This is a recent thing that started happening when I turned 35 last year. I used to be the guy that wanted the shot to make something happen when a game was on the line, but I've lost it and am now just the opposite. I didn't realize it till someone pointed it out to me. I've never had that nervous feeling about anything until then and now it hits me in every sport I play. Stupid, but the only thing I could think of.

Charlotte Tar Heels
1). Who is hopkinsheel?

2). What are your interests and hobbies?

My biggest hobby is probably HBD at this point. Also love watching NFL, College Football, and College Basketball.

3). What are your favorite sports teams and which one is #1?

As you can probably tell from my user name and teams, I'm a big Carolina fan. My dad went there so I grew up as a Tar Heel. I'm also a Baltimore Ravens fan. Went to Hopkins and have lived 8 years in Baltimore (7 previously, but recently moved back).

4). Who is your favorite WIS player?

Tough to choose...I've had a lot of good players, but none that I'd be able to call my favorite. Ramon Pong has a great shot in NCAA. He is a 23 yr old catcher who with his patience should be a Tar Heel his whole career.

5). If you were a player what sport would you play, at what position, and what rating?

I pitched in high school and college so if I could get my name in HBD, I'd probably go with that.

6). Best piece of advice for HBD?

I have no idea, there are so many places to offer advice. This is the deepest game I've ever played. I keep finding out new things. This doesn't really apply here, but my advice to new owners would be two-fold...don't do anything until you know what you're doing and don't join 10 teams your first week. For us veterans...my only advice is to be respectful of the other owners in the world and make sure to communicate with them if they are trying to communicate with you. And take care of your minors!

7). The most over-rated and under-rated ratings?

I think this really changes for each individual owner. One of the great parts of this game is we all value players differently and value ratings differently. I'd say that people pay too much attention to projected ratings when 99% of the time the prospect won't reach them and most won't come that close.

8). Favorite and least favorite part of the game?

Favorite part is the strategy. There are so many ways to win in this game which leads me to my least favorite part. Tanking. Luckily we've put together a solid ruleset that helps with teams not being able to successfully tank. Its one of the reasons I decided to start my own world (original NCAA which has now spawned three more). Also one of my big pet peeves is when owners don't take the time to take care of their minors.

9). Who are the owners you respect and/or enjoy the most?

I can't believe that I've been literally playing this game for 4 years. I've been lucky to have found some good friends in tk21775 and hurricane384. I converse with them the most and a lot of times we don't even talk HBD. I could list another two dozen guys I really enjoy being a part of a world with and I try to get them in each of my worlds.

10). The thing that may surprise us about you?

I like to trade. I know that is extremely surprising to everyone since I've been pretty quiet here. (hopefully that made everyone chuckle).

No comments:

Post a Comment